Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYC Grand Central ... ?
Ever heard of Grand Central Terminal?

Neither had I, until about an hour ago, after seeing Recall Vector's video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrDcOGn6EdI

The funny thing is that he references Improv Everywhere Prank from 2008 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo

(Which I have to log on to see because of a content warning? This is one of my fav videos and never had to log on before to watch...)

So then, after seeing RV's video, I had to look up images of Grand Central Station, and to my shock the interior clock in the video that RV references (so the original Improv Everywhere video) had Roman Numerals on it, but the pictures in DuckDuckGo images and Google Images show numbers on it.

As I am typing this out, I am flipping through my screens to copy/paste YouTube links, and RV's Video reference of the clock had changed to NUMBERS - I made a point of the first time I saw RV's video that "4" was IIII and NOT IV - so that changed in less than an hour. (At this point, when I see Roman Numerals, I check out to see if it's IV or IIII)

Also, if you watch the Improv Everywhere video, they reference Location as Grand Central Station, yet their video description says Grand Central Terminal, so there's that discrepancy as well.

In Google, when I type "grand ce" Grand Central Station is the second auto populated suggestion (Grand Central being the first), and Grand Central Terminal is nowhere on that list. the list I see is:
Grand Central
Grand Central Station
Grand Central Bar
Grand Central Niagara Falls
Grand Central Market
Grand Central Oyster Bar
Grand Central Hotel Glasgow
Grand Central Lodge Blue Mountain
Grand Central Tech
Gran Cenote (I don't understand this last one, and yes, "gran" not "grand")

When I search "Grand Central Station", Grand Central Terminal is the only thing that populates. I even tried searching " Grand Central Station -Terminal " and it still shows terminal in the search, and yet there are no hits for station.

On DuckDuckGo the results for "Grand Ce" auto populates this list:
Grand Central Station
Grand Central Market Los Angeles
Grand Celebration Cruise Ship
Grand Central Bakery
Grand Central Oyster Bar
Grand Celebration
Grand Central Mall Parkersburg WV

Like Google, when I search "Grand Central Station" in DuckDuckGo, Grand Central Terminal is the only thing that populates. I even tried searching " Grand Central Station -Terminal " and it still shows terminal in the search, and yet there are no hits for station. When I search " Grand Central " Grand Central Terminal populates yet, when I search " Grand Central -Terminal " I get a lot of "grand central" things that do not reference terminal OR station.

I haven't tried that in Google, yet.

Now I have, and the same result as DuckDuckGo, as in I get hits for grand central things that do not reference Station or Terminal, however they are different hits.

I am getting confused so to sum up, these are what I searched in both DuckDuckGo and Google:

Grand Central Station
Grand Central Station -Terminal
Grand Central -Terminal

When I started writing this post, I was gobsmacked by this Madela Effect, but I am much more frustrated by both search engines and the Grand Central Station -Terminal search result!